Friday, October 29, 2010

Sit and Soak

But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Isaiah 43:1-3

It is so important for me to just sit and soak...in God's Word. I mean, I love being busy and I usually load my schedule with extra stuff added on to the daily routine, but so do most people in this world. That is why the quiet moments in the day should be so important. It is during those times that I can sit at the feet of my heavenly Father and listen for His voice. It is usually a time when He shares with me verses like Isaiah 43:1-3. 
 
These moments make me smile. Because through the busyness and uncertainty of life I know that I can rest in the knowledge that my God has redeemed me and called me by name. When you can have comfort and confidence in something like that, it makes your outlook on life dramatically different. I no longer have to worry about where I will be attending school next year, if I will find a girl to join me in a lifelong journey together, what my future holds in missions, or where my family will be. I don't have to worry, cause God is with me and will direct me in the right path. And do you know how amazing that is? It does not matter how busy your life gets or if your friend has hurt you or if you have let someone down or life just stinks right now. Run into the arms of Jesus, He loves you and will show you mercy and peace and healing. So if you are going through a lot in your life or difficulties, than I encourage you to just sit, and soak in the Word of the Lord. Taste and see that He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment